Three kinds of women exist in this world:
1. Women who are born with massive amounts of mammary flesh. The kind of in-your-face boobs that, no matter how tightly bound, anyone can tell those boobs are raging to get out of their cage.
2. Women who are born with just enough balance to create a noticeable curve, and some fine cleavage to show off without being called a skank.
3. Women who are born flat just like every other woman, but instead of developing further they stop growing once Elementary School ends, never graduating from training bras. Cleavage is non-existent.
Apparently, breast size is very important to lots of women (and men). I overheard a conversation recently between several girls in their twenties…one of their friends had just gone to the bathroom, and they were talking about her.
GIRL 1: “Omg she is SO lucky, she has a tiny little body and huge boobs.”
GIRL 2: “I know, her husband must feel lucky, too. ”
GIRL 3: “At least we have boobs! Ha ha ha…”
GIRL 1: “Yeah, but I’ve still been thinking about getting a boob job…”
As I was listening in I looked down at my own boobs, or lack thereof. I still shop in Target’s children’s section sometimes for the kiddie bras, because the smallest ones Victoria’s Secret carries or most department stores are still too big. In my pre-college school years, I got teased from a guy because, as he put it, “Even Joey the fat boy has bigger tits than you do.” It instantly made me feel like less of a woman, because women are associated with sexy curves, and I was flat as could be.
Look at all the bras out there – the majority of them are super padded, to make you look even bigger. Why the need to look bigger? Is it because women think men will pay more attention to them, or be more attracted to them? The media sure is obsessed with chest size. How about boob enhancing pills or creams? And I’m sure you’ve heard countless tales of women getting out of tough situations because they showed a little extra cleavage. One time I was at a concert with a bigger-bosomed buddy, and a few guys nearby yelled, “flash your boobies!” My friend grinned and pretended to lift up her shirt a little bit. I began to but was stopped short when one of them said, “No, not you!”
This is how the media has defined boobage:
Bigger breasted women = “sexy.”
Smaller breasted women = “cute.”
I may not have grown physically over the years, but I have grown to realize that there’s no need to change anything, and here is the positive side:
- Not all men like big boobies. What men think about your boobs shouldn’t matter to confident women anyhow, but deep down, when you find the right guy, it does to some extent. Wouldn’t you rather the man of your dreams find your figure perfect the way it is, rather than thinking, “yeah the only thing missing is a little extra cleavage, that would be nice…”
- When you’re jogging or exercising, you don’t get slapped with boob.
- Small boobs? No painful back problems, and no sagging once you get older!
- Smaller chested ladies are able to wear, overall, more clothing styles.
- Girls with tiny tatas can get away with wearing low-cut or more revealing tops…because it doesn’t look slutty.
- When you have a smaller chest, you can be assured that you’re not getting hired for that job or getting asked out by that guy only because you have big boobs.
- Smaller on top = less matronly, more of a leaner, athletic look.
Now then, for you average (and above average) ladies who have boobs – I’m not trying to make you feel bad, I’m merely pointing out that society tends to highlight what you have to offer. You can fill out those V-neck, corset and tube tops wonderfully, easily find bras that fit, and feel like you’ve grown up into a ‘real’ woman. Remember the times when your highschool friend who you hadn’t seen all summer came back in the fall, at the start of school, with a hot, fresh pair of bangin’ boobs? All the boys were paying attention. And hey – you get the best bras, those sexy, lacy ones with bows, mesh, and all the flirty little details. I’m still stuck at target with boring basics, or big girl bras that look weird on me because I can’t even fill ‘em in. I’m still searching for the perfect one that combines sizzling, flirty and feminine and that fits like a glove. I love my big-booby friends, but it’s time to put the spotlight on lil’ bitties for a change.
So embrace your size, whatever you are and for goodness sakes, leave surgery for the poor girls who have back pain, the girls with mutated or completely different sized boobs, or if you’re going into the porn industry. (However, there is a market for small-boobed girls – for those who want a younger, supple teen kind of look).
Anyway, I’ll end with this: Who looks more badass?